1. Visit Masaya Volcano National park. One of our active volcanoes in Nicaragua and unique in the world as we drive a vehicle all the way to the top of an active volcano to see inside an active crater. See the famous cross of Bobadilla, the park museum, 2 volcanoes, 5 craters, a lava tube tunnel and learn the history of the tribes.
2. After leaving the volcano, you will visit Masaya handicraft market where you can buy lunch and souvenirs for a very affordable price. (It is optional if you want to have lunch in Masaya or in a very nice restaurant with a nice lookout point from Catarina flower nursery town).
3. The next stop is in Catarina village known as one of the white towns where you can visit a nice lookout point to see the deepest and cleanest Crater Lake in all Central America, the city of Granada, and volcano Mombacho from a distance.
4. The next stopping point is the San Juan De Oriente Pottery town – visit Valentines’ Lopez pottery shop and school where you will see how the native people work with the pottery and after the demonstration, you can try making your own piece. This is the best place to purchase your pottery from producer to consumer.
5. Last but not least we visit the Apoyo Crater Lake to swim in the cleanest and deepest Crater Lake in all Central America.
Close shoes, sunscreen lotion and mosquito repellent are required for this tour.
Tour includes: Round trip transportation, licensed bilingual tour guide (Ramon Parra) plus your entrance feed to the national park , Catarina touristic center and Apoyo Crater Lake Natural reserve.
Duration of the tour: 8 ½ hours to 9 hours
Price: $65 dollars per person